fbpx

COVID 19 accelerated a transition that was already happening… the move to hybrid work. In this new environment, where collaborative work is done at the office and focused work is done at home, how are employers setting up their hybrid workers for success? Are they providing the tools and equipment, or possibly providing financial support for employees to purchase their own supplies, or maybe even nothing at all?

StanData wanted to find out, so in May we partnered with the Chief Executive Group to ask a one-question survey regarding the current level of benefits provided to employees who are working from home in any capacity. Answers were collected from more than 230 CEOs from 17 industries, and the results were quite interesting.

The Results
What we found most surprising when comparing all of the results was that 30% of employers surveyed weren’t providing any sort of stipend. Of the remaining 70% that were providing assistance, the majority focused on home office equipment such as computers, printers, and scanners, along with providing a subsidy for internet or phone service for hybrid workers.

Stipends offered to hybrid workers

Are Employers Providing the Proper Tools?

While most employers are providing their at-home and hybrid employees with some form of support, either financially or with equipment, are they choosing the best tools to increase employee productivity and engagement? 

Shockingly, home office furniture stipends were being provided by less than 12% of the companies offering support. This leads to many hybrid workers creating makeshift home offices out of the couch, the dining room table, or any other available space they could find. Working with the wrong at-home setup leads to increased physical and mental fatigue, higher levels of physical pain associated with poor posture and more sedentary behaviors, and lower productivity and engagement.